[Koha] Staff login problems after upgrading from Koha 3.18 to 19.11

Jason Boyer jboyer at equinoxinitiative.org
Sat May 16 03:25:29 NZST 2020

Hi, this sounds similar to a problem I ran into recently upgrading a 3.20 database to 19.11. You’ll probably have to do the drop/re-import procedure at least 2 more times to fix this, but doing this should help:

Instead of using the web interface, after re-importing the 3.18 database use koha-upgrade-schema <instancename> at a terminal and capture the output in whatever way is convenient to refer to later. At some point there will most likely be some kind of error that will cause an update to fail, though the upgrade script will continue on. In my case it was an invalid default value for the created_on timestamp (0000-00-00 0000:00) on the virtualshelves table, but it could be any number of things depending on past/present mysql versions and data consistency.

Collect all of the errors in the koha-upgrade-schema output and find out how to address them, then re-import the 3.18 db once more and fix them before running koha-upgrade-schema. If you need help solving the problems I believe the output of koha-upgrade-schema is safe to post publicly if you’d like to attach a text file or share a link to a paste with the list (but you may want to double-check before doing so).

Jason

--
Jason Boyer
Senior System Administrator