[Koha] [KOHA] SQL CIRCULATION REPORT

muirunyeri muirunyeri at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 11:37:51 NZDT 2020

Hi Rogan,
After following your advice to have same filters for both queries, I now are able to get the results I desire.
I also removed the join for biblioitems and indeed it was not necessary.
No words can express my sincere appreciation for the time you took to help me out. I can only say a big big thank you.
Thank you to everyone who tried in their own ways in finding me a solution.
Warm RegardsJames-------- Original message --------From: rogan.hamby at gmail.com Date: 18/03/2020  15:53  (GMT+03:00) To: muirunyeri <muirunyeri at gmail.com> Cc: Koha <koha at lists.katipo.co.nz> Subject: Re: [KOHA] SQL CIRCULATION REPORT- how to SUM
Hi James,
A few thoughts from skimming it.
1) I don't see where you're using biblioitems anywhere in the report unless I'm just not seeing it so you probably don't need it for a join.  I don't think it'll hurt anything other than slow the report less than  you'll even notice but still ... if not needed I'd cut it out.
2) you're going to want the same filters in the second query as the first to make sure you get the same numbers
3) you are using a SUM on the statistics type but you can only sum numbers you probably want a COUNT there, which you do in the first query but not the second