[Koha] Thermal barcode printer

BASIRU ADETOMIWA adetomiwat at run.edu.ng
Sun Mar 15 07:31:13 NZDT 2020

You can also try Zebra GT800 printer.

On Sat, Mar 14, 2020 at 3:52 PM Andreas Roussos <arouss1980 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are using the Zebra GK420t printer with the Ethernet interface
> option. It is a thermal transfer printer that can also do direct
> thermal printing. As we wanted our barcode and spine labels to be
> of good quality and also stand the test of time, we did a bit of
> experimenting and we now use the Zebra 5095 resin transfer ribbon
> in black colour which produces very good results. As for media,
> we use custom-made labels (50x25 mm, 2mm gap) in rolls of 1,000.
> To print the labels we just open up a PDF file in Acrobat Reader
> and send it to the printer. I work at a Library of approx. 30,000
> books and we print a few hundred labels per month at most -- this
> printer can handle much more I reckon.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Kind regards,
> Andreas Roussos
>
> On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 at 10:33, Yatheesh lis <yatheeshb at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Can anyone suggest Thermal barcode printer suitable for small library
> > i.e 15,000 books
> >
> > Based on quality and easy to use.
> >

> > --
> >
> > Y.Yatheesh Babu
> > Hyderabad
> > India

Adetomiwa Basiru (CLN),
Senior Librarian, Head Circulation Services and Automation Unit,
Tekena Tamuno Library, Redeemer's University (RUN),
P. M. B. 230, Ede Osun State. Nigeria.
Mobile:+234-8067098922, +234-7052367200 tommybashy06 at yahoo.com
https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1374-4979
https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=uIJ1AMwAAAAJ&hl=en
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Adetomiwa_Basiru
http://blog.inasp.info/raising-awareness-open-access-global-south/
https://goo.gl/SRkrHp
http://goo.gl/Vd9p3

*2019 Society for Scholarly Publishing* (SSP) Fellow  https://bit.ly/2KaDwKI
                https://bit.ly/34Pb9tf
2018 Young Investigators Award Recipient, Seattle, USA.
http://sageassembly.org/agenda/young-investigators-awards/

FORCE 2016 Fellow, Portland, USA
2015 NWILL Scholarship Award Winner, Portland, USA