[Koha] Unable to create patron

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Mon Jul 13 00:49:23 NZST 2020

Hi Katrin

Thanks for your answer!

 > were you able to resolve the issue? In our 18.11.16 installation
 > adding patrons works without a problem.

No, unfortunately the problem is still there.

 > I'd also recommend to try with English and see if the issue appears
 > there as well.

Yes, the issue appears both in the German and in the English interface.
But it is only there in one of the two instances that reside on the same
host.

As I was told the problem was already there before the last update and
since I don't know this beaviour from anywhere else, I believe it is
coming from some misconfiguration. Especially since I have found other
problems as well (e. g. about permissions).

 > Some other ideas:
 >
 > - Does the pull down with the patron categories open when clicking the
 > button?

Yes, it does.

 > - What do the links to add a new patron look like?

For example they look as follows:

.../cgi-bin/koha/members/memberentry.pl?op=add&categorycode=S
.../cgi-bin/koha/members/memberentry.pl?op=add&categorycode=E
etc

 > - Does the source code reveal anything (maybe broken HTML for the
 > button?)

Everything works as expected until we try to save the new patron record.
I cannot see any broken HTML concerning the "Save" button.

 > - Could it be a side effect of something in OpacUserJs?

This was my first guess, but neither in "IntranetUserJS" nor in
"OPACUserJS" there is something that could be responsible for this
behaviour.

At the moment my idea is to completely reinstall Koha next time when
updating to a new Koha version. But at the time the library is not
planing an update of Koha.

Best wishes: Michael