[Koha] Wrong order wehen sorting public list by copyright year

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Wed Jul 8 21:20:07 NZST 2020

Hi

We are working with Koha 18.11.05 on Debian GNU/Linux 8.

In our library we found in the OPAC it is not possible to sort public
lists correctly by copyright date.

As far as I know sorting by copyright date would follow the content of
MARC 008 position 7-10. But looking at an actual sorting we see the
sorting is as follows

2018
2017
2016
2015
2015
2014
2014
2013
2011
2017 <-- here it starts getting wrong
2019
2018
2016
2018
2016

Alle these records have correct content in MARC 008 and MARC 264$c.

Strangely we found if a record has content in MARC 260$c and 264$c it
changes the sort order - even if only MARC 008 should be relevant for
the sort order.

How can we achieve the correct sort order?

Best wishes: Michael