[Koha] Wrong Username Password Koha 19.11 web installer Ubuntu 18.0.4.3 ?

Clogher Historical Society clogherhistory at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 01:14:15 NZDT 2020

Hi,

I'm having some trouble getting Koha up and running, I'm following the
installation guide from
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_ubuntu_-_packages .  I'm
having problems with the username and password.

I need to go through the final installation steps but I cannot log in - it
says username and password are incorrect.  I used the username and password
in /etc/koha/sites/library/koha-conf.xml and used:
sudo xmlstarlet sel -t -v 'yazgfs/config/pass'
/etc/koha/sites/library/koha-conf.xml;echo

Why is this password not accepted?  Before this install I had to delete
Koha and reinstall.  I couldn't log in after I completed the final
configuration steps where I created the new user and password.  I got a
Username Password incorrect when I know what I typed in.

How can I log in to Koha? Do you think there is some form of corruption
somewhere? I have had to delete Koha and reinstall a few times and maybe
there is some mix up with the database or username password.

Many thanks for the help !