[Koha] Books Copies MARC21

Katrin Fischer katrin.fischer.83 at web.de
Tue Nov 19 12:01:55 NZDT 2019

Hi,

K10plus is a union catalog with many participating libraries in Germany.
Usually holdings information is not included in the MARC records
exported via SRU/Z39.50. In some cases holding information is
transported in a custom MARC field 924 for ILL/Discovery, but this might
be incomplete. As Koha expects 952 for item information, you'd need to
reformat it in order to create items in Koha.

Also, I think the SRU/Z39.50 download in Koha can only create authority
and bibliographic records, but not items. In order to create items,
you'd have to import the edited MARC files via staged tools.
Alternatively you could maybe use the MARC modification templates on
import to shift the data into the right fields.

Hope that helps,

Katrin