[Koha] Plugin Error

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Thu May 23 02:32:24 NZST 2019

On 2019-05-22 7:54 a.m., Jon Knight wrote:
> Have you checked if you have SELinux enabled?  That sometimes causes issues with being able to write to temporary directories from Apache derived processes, write to network sockets from CGI scripts, etc.

A little off topic, but Satish mentions an Ubuntu variant. Please note
that SELinux is not necessarily recommended in Ubuntu (apparmor is the
default security, which should be removed and purged before installing
SELinux as they conflict.)  SELinux was developed for Centos and RHEL,
and while it is more "fine-grained" that makes it more challenging to
configure (we played with it on a dev 18.04 server a little while ago.)

If you have apparmor installed try:

sudo aa-status

which will show in broad-brush terms what is being enforced (if it is
running, which it should be.)