[Koha] 18.11 - Indexing

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Tue Mar 26 19:47:45 NZDT 2019

Hi Tom

 > Am I not receiving thoughts on this because everyone is using Zebra or
 > because I'm just missing something obvious?  I have things working
 > with Zebra. But does ElasticSearch also work?  Is it a better option
 > going forward?
 >
 > I could use some input on this from those who have upgraded to 18.11.

You will already know
* https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Elasticsearch
* https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Elasticsearch_status

Paul Poulain has shared some information on 29 January 2019 here:

https://www.biblibre.com/en/blog/koha-and-elasticsearch-today/

And yes, so far (almost) everyone is using Zebra. There is a system
parameter "SearchEngine" (Zebra oder Elasticsearch) in Koha 18.11 but it
is not even shown/existing in
https://hea.koha-community.org/systempreferences

Best wishes: Michael