[Koha] Circulation rule by location

Chris Hoebeke ch at wmu.se
Thu Jun 27 19:30:34 NZST 2019

I have never seen an ILS that uses Location for circulation rules, but I
have always thought it was better than Item type . To the patron, a book
is a book, but when staff need to change the loan period for a certain
category of books, they have to create a new item type, such as
'REF-BOOK.' In large libraries, the extension of item types in the
end users who just want to limit a search to a "Book"

Materials grouped together on the shelves tend to have the same loan
period, but I have not seen that as a circ map component in any of the
systems I've worked with in nearly three decades.

It would be a nice feature.

Chris Hoebeke
Librarian & Head, Information Technology Services
World Maritime Univerity