[Koha] Bulk patron password updates

Joy Nelson joy at bywatersolutions.com
Tue Jun 18 02:21:36 NZST 2019

I agree with Joel.  From a security perspective, updating all patron
passwords to one password is not a great idea.  Secondly, the password
field in the database is not plain text, but is hashed.  You need to insert
the hashed values in order to make this work.

A better solution would be to reimport you patrons and set the password in
the import file.  You could set the password to something such as lastname
or last few digits of their cardnumber.  When imported their password would
be set.

-joy