[Koha] Suddenly can't check in items

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Thu Jul 25 21:41:12 NZST 2019

Hi

 > I guess I did something wrong after restarting the SQL I got this
 > message:
 > /sudo service mysql restart
 > Job for mysql.service failed because the control process exited with
 > error code. See "systemctl status mysql.service" and "journalctl -xe"
 > for details./
 >
 > and after trying to login to Koha I got this:
 > /DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::catch {...} (): DBI Connection failed:
 > Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock'
 > (2) at /usr/share/perl5/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 1492. at
 > /usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Database.pm line 107/
 >
 > Maybe I didn't have the correct database name? Where I can find the
 > database name?

If you use the MySQL command line, you can find the available databases.
In my case, the Koha database is named "koha_snadkasten".

# mysql -u root -pYOURPASSWORD

mysql> show databases;
+--------------------+
| Database           |
+--------------------+
| information_schema |
| koha_sandkasten    |
| mysql              |
| performance_schema |
4 rows in set (0.00 sec)

As described in
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/DBMS_auto_increment_fix#Single_instance_setup
of course you need to change the database name 'koha_kohadev' in the
first line of the example to your own database name.

Also be sure the other content of the file
"/var/lib/mysql/init-file_koha_fix.sql" is really as shown in the
example (no additional carriage returns and/or linefeeds).

Best wishes: Michael