[Koha] Batch deleting patrons

Andy Boze boze.1 at nd.edu
Thu Jul 4 11:09:23 NZST 2019

Hello, community!

If I use the "Batch patron deletion/anonymization" tool to delete
patrons, I'm given three options to the question "What do you want to do
for deleted patrons?"

Permanently delete these patrons
Move these patrons to the trash
Do not remove any patrons (test run)

I've searched the manual and can't find any information about the
options. The third one is obvious, but I don't know what the differrence
is between permanently delete and move to trash. I'd assume that trashed
patron records could be retrieved and restored, but I see no way to do
that. When I move patrons to trash, I just get a confirmation, but no
additional information.

Can someone explain the difference?

https://koha-community.org/manual/18.11/en/html/tools.html#batch-patron-deletion-anonymization

--