[Koha] OVERDUE FINES FAILED TO INCREMENT

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Sat Jan 26 04:35:59 NZDT 2019

Hi Murphy

 > I have set up the global systems preferences as suggested. though
 > there is still no overdue charge increment today.  the problem here
 > is, it is charging overdue fines once but not increasing the charges
 > daily. i have also seen an instruction in fineMode that ,the systems
 > administrator should schedule: "misc/cronjobs/fines.pl " . i am the
 > systems administrator here but don't know how to schedule it. please i
 > need an assistance.

About this cronjob: Usually it is active, as far as I know. However
check your file "/etc/cron.daily/koha.common" for an active line like
the following. In Koha 18.11 it looks like this:

koha-foreach --chdir --enabled /usr/share/koha/bin/cronjobs/fines.pl

Of course, to work this needs a running cron daemon.

Also see
* https://koha-community.org/manual/18.11/en/html/cron_jobs.html#fines

By the way: The given path there ("misc/cronjobs/fines.pl") is wrong. In
fact in Koha 18.11 the script is residing in directory
"/usr/share/koha/bin/cronjobs".

Hope this helps.

Best wishes: Michael