[Koha] Koha work slowly

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed Apr 10 23:13:52 NZST 2019

On Tue, 2 Apr 2019 10:46:29 +0400
"Arayik Manukyan" <araik at flib.sci.am> wrote:

> So as we have a huge  koha database with 7 million records  on Koha
> 17.11.05
>
> we always have such problem : during the day we noticed  that  koha
> began work slowly especially searching,
>
> we couldn't export data at that time and executed reports. We use
> MariaDB latest version and when execute this command "show status
> like Conn" we noticed that connections are very huge nearly 150
> 000.(See attached file)After restarted MariaDB  the connections
> became 100.
[...]
> We understand that it is opac search results which didn't  reconnect
> after any search.
>
> Any suggestions?

I don't see any replies so I'll have a crack:

First stop https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Performance but it
looks like you know some of that already.

Second stop and maybe other developers will shout at me, or remind me
nicely, why do you think opac searches are using MariaDB so much?
I thought searches were mostly done by Zebra or ElasticSearch depending
on setup.

Hope that helps,
--

MJR http://mjr.towers.org.uk/