[Koha] Error: Invalid username or password after upgrade to 18.05

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Tue Sep 4 22:19:41 NZST 2018

Hi Eugen

 > after upgrade from 17 to 18.05 I get error if I try to connect to Koha
 > with the admin user.
 >
 > I have already tried to change the password in MySQL and then in
 > koha-conf, but without result.
 >
 > With my admin user I can connect to the database over terminal.
 >
 > Maybe someone could help me resolve this error?

This is expected behaviour in Koha 18.05, see
https://koha-community.org/koha-18-05-released/

"It is no longer possible to use the database user (defined in
koha-conf.xml) to login into Koha. You should first create a
superlibrarian patron and use it for logging in. See the script
misc/devel/create_superlibrarian.pl"

Hope this helps.

Best wishes: Michael