[Koha] Too many links to host items cause delay in retrieval

Vasiliki Mela vmela at ert.gr
Wed Oct 24 21:42:19 NZDT 2018

I have created a bibliographic record for a weekly serial publication that started being published in the sixties. We have multiple copies of the issues and it adds up to thousands of item records.

I decided to create separate records for each issue connecting each one to the larger record by "linking to host item". This allows for an easier overview of the items for each issue and also allows for more information on its contents.

I have since noticed that a search to retrieve these records takes a long time, and often it times out.

Is it the links between records or the large number of items? Is this something the koha is not designed to handle or is it fixable with adjustments to how the indexing/retrieval is done?

Any suggestions would be very helpful

Best regards

Vasiliki Mela

Librarian