[Koha] Koha Indexing Problem 18.05.01

Magnus Enger magnus at enger.priv.no
Mon Jul 23 05:06:32 NZST 2018

On Sun, 22 Jul 2018 at 18:21, Michael Kuhn <mik at adminkuhn.ch> wrote:
> In fact I don't know anyway what happens if you use "-f -a -b" since
> "-f" means the same as "-a -b". From "man koha-rebuild-zebra":
>
> -f, --full
>      Does a reindex of the whole collection.
>
> -a, --authorities
>      Only run the indexing process for authority records.
>
> -b, --biblios
>      Only run the indexing process for biblio records.

Not quite. The default behaviour of koha-rebuild-zebra is to only
index the records in the zebraqueue db table that have been marked as
"not done". These are typically records that have been added ot
updated since the last time koha-rebuild-zebra was run. When you add
--full or -f you do a complete reindexing of everything in the
database, regardless of the status in zebraqueue. -a and -b will
determine if this applies to bibliographic records, authority records
or both.

Best regards,
Magnus
Libriotech