[Koha] exporting/querying only records having at least one item

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 01:03:32 NZST 2018

Hi Giuseppe,

You have mentioned that you are in the process of setting up your library
and given that you are inheriting the bibliographic records from a
different catalogue, I would say a cleaner approach would be to setup a
parallel Koha instance, import this catalog into that and have this second
instance run as a z39.50 service. Your actual instance could import the bib
records from this second instance only of actual titles you have in your
collection.

That said, your question #1 can be addressed via some XSLT that looks if
any item is attached to the bib record, i.e.

 <xsl:when test="count(key('item-by-status', 'available'))=0 and
count(key('item-by-status', 'reference'))=0">

And then adding the modified XSLT stylesheet to your Koha
via OPACXSLTResultsDisplay system preference (by overriding the default).

With regard to your question #2 : At least on MARC21, when you export the
MARC records, only bibs with items get exported IIRC (I would assume that
the behavior should be similar for UNIMARC as well).

Hope this helps.

Indranil Das Gupta
L2C2 Technologies

Phone : +91-98300-20971
WWW  : http://www.l2c2.co.in
Blog    : http://blog.l2c2.co.in
IRC     : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
Twitter : indradg