[Koha] exporting/querying only records having at least one item

giuseppe giuseppe.ciaccio at unige.it
Sun Jul 22 00:00:15 NZST 2018

Hello all,

sorry for bothering with a possibly silly question.  I'm a beginner with
Koha.  We are setting up the archive of our library.  Our approach to
populating the archive is perhaps peculiar: indeed we have been given a
unimarc backup of bibliographic records from a larger library, and thus we
are expecting to mostly (but now always) add items to existing records.

So, since the beginning, our archive has a lot of bibliographic records
associated with no items.  Querying such a set is somehow misleading for a
end user: most of the answer, indeed, will not correspond to items actually
found in the library.  Hence my two questions:

1) Is there a way to configure/tweak the user search interface so that only
records with nonzero items will be searched?
2) Is there a way to export (for backup purposes) only records having
nonzero items

(BTW the latter would also provide an alternate solution to the former)

Thanks a lot for any suggestions, and many thanks to the maintainers and
contributors of this nice and useful software,

Giuseppe Ciaccio

--
Sent from: http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/Koha-general-f3047918.html