[Koha] exported items catalogue search

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Mon Jul 9 19:06:13 NZST 2018

Hi Hira

 > I am trying to export biblio records from excel sheet to koha. i have
 > added items for records. I am able to checkout that items but when i
 > try to search them in catalogue, i did not find any result. I can find
 > them in reservoir but in catalogue. How to move these records there?

I'm not sure what you really have done - actually there is no way to
directly import bibliographic records from Excel sheet to Koha. To
import data into Koha the records need to be in bibliographic data
format MARC 21 resp. MARCXML.

However, if you were able to successfully upload your data via Koha menu
"Tools > Stage MARC records for import", the records are only in the so
called "import reservoir". From there you will need to import them
actually into the Koha catalog, using Koha menu "Tools > Staged MARC
record management".

The process is described in the Koha manual at

https://koha-community.org/manual/18.05/html/03_tools.html#stage-marc-records-for-import

and

https://koha-community.org/manual/18.05/html/03_tools.html#staged-marc-record-management-label

Hope this helps.