[Koha] [ByWater Partners] PayPal integration

Myka Kennedy Stephens mkstephens at lancasterseminary.edu
Fri Jan 26 08:50:46 NZDT 2018

Hi Chad,

Our library set up PayPal integration last spring and it works great! My
only complaint is that the Koha system preferences allows one description
for all payments. We have ours set to "Koha fee payment." If we want to
break down what people are paying for to route the money to the right
budget, we have to look up their patron record to see what the payment
covered (overdue fines, copies, lost item replacement fee, etc.). There's
probably a way to configure a SQL report to reconcile the payments with our
PayPal account transactions, but we haven't bothered to do that yet. We get
maybe two PayPal payments per month.

I made a tutorial video about how to use the PayPal feature in Koha for our
library's users: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCwjDtX3E9k

Hope this helps,
Myka