[Koha] Problems adding new members in 17.11

Mark Alexander marka at pobox.com
Wed Jan 3 11:50:02 NZDT 2018

Excerpts from Tim McMahon's message of 2018-01-02 16:26:39 -0600:
> I'm testing 17.11 (package upgrade from 17.05.02) and when I try to
> enter a new patron, the Password and Confirm password fields in the
> OPAC/Staff login section near the bottom of the form will get labeled
> "This field is required."

I can confirm this behavior on my test VM of 17.11

Curiously, during my test of adding a new patron, the "required"
labels on the Password and Confirm fields didn't appear when I first
loaded the form. They only showed up after I hit the "Save" button,
which failed to save, and presented me with the form again, this time
with the labels added.

I got around the problem by putting the word "junk" in for the
passwords, and leaving the username blank.  Then when I edited that
patron again, I found that Koha had auto-generated a user name
consisting of the first and last names of the patron concatenated with
a "." separator.

In summary, I couldn't find a way to enter blank usernames or passwords
for patrons.  I don't recall that 17.05 exhibited this behavior.

> I also noticed that the primary and secondary email fields aren't
> validating either.

I didn't see a problem with these fields.