[Koha] Password to allow loan of books

Ingrid Schiessl ingridschiessl at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 06:33:29 NZDT 2018

Hi, I work with Camila, I'm a librarian! Together we're helping the
libraries to install, customize and migrate data to Koha.

The problem is, in Brazil it is very popular to ask a password to the
patrons before the check-out. It is a local practice.
Specificly in this library (the one we are helping with), they don't have a
self check-out or chekc-in, hence the only way is to choose the book at the
shelves and go to the front desk to do the check-out or check-in. So the
check-out happens at the Staff Interface, and it is made by a librarian.

What we need is a kind of plugin or tool to insert a password before the
process of check-out is complete. Summarizing, it works like that: you
choose your books, go to front desk, the person in there puts the barcode
in the system and, in the end, the patron type a password to conclude your
check out.

> >  "I agree to check this book and return it at the proper date".
>
> This statement should be on your library bulletin board or student
> handbook, or circulation rules, not in the ILS, Koha.

> > Thank you for your response.
> >
> > The patrons are not using the staff interface. The librarians when
> checking
> > out a book for a patron (at the staff interface) want this patron to
> confirm
> > with their password. Something to mean as "I agree to check this book and
> > return it at the proper date".
> >
> > I had a look at the self checkout module and is not quite what my
> librarians
> > want.
> >

> > --
> > Sent from: http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/Koha-general-f3047918.html

> Anthony Mao
> Fu Jen Catholic University, Taiwan
> Skype: maolins
> +886 2 29052334 (voice)

*Ingrid Schiessl*
Bibliotecária (CRB 1/3084)

"Ela acreditava em anjos, e porque acreditava, eles existiam" (Lispector,
1977)