[Koha] Branches limitations for locations

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Thu Dec 20 05:23:45 NZDT 2018

IMHO, that's a bug (or a mistake in behavior)

When you create an item, if you create it for homebranch X, you must be
able to see location defined for branch X. It does not depends on the
branch you're connected to, it depends on the branch of the item you're
cataloging. So we should change the behavior.

Additional cases:

  * libraries having a cataloger in every branch ("I catalogate for my
    branch") will see no difference,
  * I can't see a use case where the librarian want to enter "homebranch
    = X" and "location = a location that is not supposed to exist in
    branch X" !

--
Paul Poulain, Associé-gérant / co-owner
BibLibre, Services en logiciels libres pour les bibliothèques