[Koha] IndependentBranches consequences

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Tue Aug 21 05:35:14 NZST 2018

We've only done this in our test system.  We had been running a single
library on Koha for quite some time, but decided later to add a branch.  We
made the changes to accommodate another branch first, then imported that
branch's records.  A trial run seemed to work well, but we were just aiming
for proof of concept, we didn't actually try to use the new branch system.
 We've since overwritten the test system, so I can't show it to you, this
particular project is on hold while the branch gets their data in order.
I strongly recommend you have a separate test system that is a copy of your
main system (patrons, data, etc.) and experiment and thoroughly test
everything there first before trying it in your main system.

Elaine Bradtke
VWML
Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 (This number is for the English Folk Dance and
Song Society in London, England. If you wish to phone me personally, send
an e-mail first. I work off site)
Registered Company No. 297142