[Koha] Install issue

Michael Buhrley mwb at idi.edu
Sat Aug 18 17:58:09 NZST 2018

I am new to Koha and have had the same issue on 3 different fresh Linux installs. I tried it with Debian 9, Ubuntu 18.04 and Ubuntu 16.04, all with the same problem.

I followed the install instructions at https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_ubuntu_-_packages <https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_ubuntu_-_packages>

No problem with the steps up to the install command but when issuing the sudo apt-get install koha-common
I get the following:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 koha-common : Depends: libnet-oauth2-authorizationserver-perl but it is not going to be installed

I have tried installing linnet-oauth2-authorizationserver-perl separately but then I get this:

 libnet-oauth2-authorizationserver-perl : Depends: libcryptx-perl (>= 0.021) but it is not installable

And then finally when trying to install libcryptx-perl I get:

Package libcryptx-perl is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source

E: Package 'libcryptx-perl' has no installation candidate

My /etc/apt/sources.list.d/koha.list contains deb http://debian.koha-community.org/koha stable main

If I change that stable to 17.11 then it will install that version but I am unable to get it to install with “stable” in the repository.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts regarding this.

Thank you,

Michael Buhrley
mwb at idi.edu