[Koha] XSLT for UNIMARC

Andreas Roussos arouss1980 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 19:58:45 NZST 2017

Dear List,

We're running Koha 16.05.16 on Debian 8 with UNIMARC flavour.
We want to move to XSLT for the display of results and item
details in both OPAC and the Staff Client.

However, we noticed a few differences when using the default
stylesheets provided (UNIMARCslim2OPACDetail.xsl,
UNIMARCslim2intranetDetail.xsl) as can be seen here:
https://imgur.com/a/ZJrT6

Also, a quick look at http://git.koha-community.org/ indicates that
there's a lot more 'activity' (in terms of commits) for the MARC21
stylesheets compared to the UNIMARC ones.

Is using XSLT along with UNIMARC a 'supported' configuration? If so,
are there any updated XSL stylesheets availabale somewhere?

Have any other libraries using UNIMARC moved towards XSLT?

Thanks for your time.

Kind regards,
Andreas