[Koha] Some questions about virtualization.

Scott Owen sowen at edzone.net
Tue Sep 19 00:15:56 NZST 2017

"The biggest complaint I hear from VMWare people is that it is hard to
manage the computer from a machine that you do not have everything set up
on.  And, the VMWare licenses usually end up costing a fair bit more than
you anticipated."

---the flip side.....ESXi is still free. I have run and entire school
district off 3-4 EXSi servers for a number of years....
I truly just don't need all the bells/whistles (and cost) of the fully
licensed VMware products.
ESXi 6 (latest version) runs from a web browser...no special client needed.

ESXi -- free...Koha ---free.....all you have to purchase is the hardware.

I have run 3 Koha VM's off ESXi for a few years now....no issues that could
be attributed to a virtual infrastructure.