[Koha] Find unused (not linked) authority records

Andreas Roussos arouss1980 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 22:59:17 NZDT 2017

Hi Eric,

We have a script that we use for housekeeping purposes, which (among
other things) displays the number of records an authority is used in.
I have adjusted said script so that it only prints those authority
records that aren't being used in any bibliographic records. You are
meant to access the script from your web browser since it will print
out links that point to your staff interface, allowing you to double-
check that the authority is not used in any records and then delete it.

The output looks like this: https://imgur.com/a/ZOOvS

The script requires minimal editing -- you'll need to fill in your
Koha DB details, the URL pointing to your staff interface, and perhaps
also change the Z39.50 server details and/or the preferred record
syntax for retrieval (we use UNIMARC, but you probably want to set it
to 'usmarc').

The script uses PHP's YAZ extension to query Zebra using Z39.50 queries
(yaz_connect() doesn't seem to support UNIX sockets). So, if you don't
already have a local Z39.50 server running, you'll find instructions on
how to set up one in /etc/koha/sites/<instancename>/koha-conf.xml.

You can find the script here:
https://github.com/a-roussos/php-koha/blob/master/koha_unused_authority_records.php

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,