[Koha] Find unused (not linked) authority records

Eric Phetteplace ephetteplace at cca.edu
Tue Nov 28 18:38:24 NZDT 2017

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone has a way to find authority records that aren't
being used by any bib records currently. I can find *the opposite* in the
reports library; ways to check if authors or subjects in biblios aren't
connect to authorities. But I can't find a way to list authority records
used in 0 biblios even though that's very clearly displayed in the
authority search on the staff side.

There's a search method which basically does exactly what I want:
count_auth_use
<https://github.com/Koha-Community/Koha/blob/master/Koha/SearchEngine/Elasticsearch/Search.pm#L248-L270>
will, given an authority ID, return the number of bib records it's used in.
So I just want records where count_auth_use = 0. Yet I can't find that
exposed in a way I can use or think of an easy way to write a report that
pulls them.

As an aside: the purpose behind this is pruning authority records that
don't have linked bibs so that they don't keep showing up in our "did you
mean" search suggestions, because right now we have a lot of "did you mean"
suggestions that just link to searches with zero results.

Best,

ERIC PHETTEPLACE

Systems Librarian

libraries.cca.edu | vault.cca.edu | 510.594.3660

5212 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94618

1111 8th St., San Francisco, CA 94107

Preferred Pronoun(s): he/him