[Koha] Haunted by ghost records

Charlotte Stock cstock at halcyonschool.com
Wed Nov 1 21:56:14 NZDT 2017

Recently I imported a large batch of records, but when I ran a search not
all of the records had loaded so I deleted the batch and reimported.

Now, when I run a search, the results list the 'deleted' batch and then the
reimported batch, which means that users instinctively select from the
first batch of results - all of which display the message "The record you
requested does not exist" when selected.

When I enter the record numbers of the failed entries to perform a batch
deletion, this message displays 'The biblionumber does not exist in the
database'.

My question is how do I remove these ghost records so that they do not
appear in OPAC searches, as users will quickly give up if the first page of
results are all failed records?

Thankyou in advance for your advice
Charlotte

--