[Koha] Help please! we have problem after upgrading ubuntu from 11.10 up to 12.04

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Wed Jun 28 05:15:18 NZST 2017

On 6/27/2017 9:08 AM, "D DuD>DtD2DtD1 D'D,D+D>D,DtN,DuD0DoN N
<mgdb at live.ru>"@LightSys.org wrote:
> Hi, Tim
>
>> It would be helpful to know if you upgraded using package or tarball.
> [Николай Ластовка] I upgraded start command "do-upgrade-release", I have no mind is it package or tarball, sorry!
Ok.  Did you change versions of Koha during your upgrade?  Or just
upgrade your operating system?  If Koha was not upgraded during your OS
upgrade then you are probably using the tarball.
You should be able to run:

      dpkg-query -l | grep koha

That should list any "koha packages" you would have installed.  My guess
is that you do not have any at this time.

>> It also helps to know what *nix distro you are using (Centos, Ubuntu, etc)
>>
> [Николай Ластовка] ok! We used Ubuntu Server 11.10, now we have 12.04
This one was my bad.  You specified your OS and version in your
subject.  I just was not observant enough.

>> It looks like you may need to install a package?
>>
>> You can usually see if the package is installed by running:
>> locate Cache/Memcached.pm
>>
>> If you have it, it should show up something like:
>> /usr/share/perl5/Cache/Memcached.pm
>>
>> In Ubuntu, you may need to install libcache-memcached-perl apt-get install
>> libcache-memcached-perl
>>
>> If you are using a redhat derivative, you may need to yum install perl-Cache-
>> Memcached
> [Николай Ластовка] we fixed problems, installed packages as you write. And in general Koha work.
Great!  Sadly, this is as far as my personal help can help you. From
here, someone else who is better versed in Koha will need to jump in.
But, I have a little bit of help then...
> Now I have some questions:
> - how start SIP server (our RFID selfbook don't work because not connected to database);
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_SIP2_server_setup
Looks like:

  * koha-enable-sip
  * koha-start-sip
  * koha-stop-sip

> - need I upgrade to next release of Ubuntu (up to 12.10);
I would start going to the LTS versions:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/514530/how-to-change-preferred-release-type-for-a-server-to-lts

    Edit /etc/update-manager/release-upgrades and set (in the [DEFAULT]
    section):

    Prompt=lts

There is very good support for migrating between LTS versions, and it
will make your upgrade path much shorter.  I do not know how Koha is
affected by these upgrades.  I am not a real koha guru; I do some work
on a Koha machine once a year or every other year.  So if a real Koha
person responds with a different answer, trust their answer above mine.  :)

> - best version of Koha we can update (we have ver. 3.06.03.00) and what we must to control (we have some files in Russian lang);
Sorry, someone else will need to answer this question for you.  :)