[Koha] Maraming salamat from KohaCon2017 organizers

eugene jose espinoza eugenegf at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 27 15:26:35 NZST 2017

2017 Koha International Conference (KohaCon2017) is over and done last week and the organizers (Association of Special Libraries of the Philippines andKoha ILS Philippines volunteers) of the KohaCon2017 would like to thank the sponsors, speakers and participants formaking the event a success. For our venue sponsors - the Ayala Museum throughthe Filipinas Heritage Library (Main Conference venue) and the Asian Instituteof Management (Hackfest venue). For our international sponsors: Biblibre(France) having Paul Poulain and Gaetan Boisson was such an honor. Gobi LibrarySolutions from EBSCO in U.S. having Alvet Miranda again updating us on EBSCO’sefforts talking about EDS and OpenAthens. Scanbit Technology Servicerepresented by Cristina Gareta and Josu Moreno. We did not have anyrepresentatives from ByWater Solutions but their donation was very much wellappreciated. Our local sponsors Vibal Foundation, Onstrike Library Solutions(OSLS) and Tulong Aklatan (TA). OSLS and TA curiously volunteered in makingKohaCon2017 a reality. To our foreign speakers Paul Poulain, Gaetan Boisson,Sher Afzal Khan, Mengü Yazicioglu and Cristina Gareta, our heartfelt thanks. Toour local speakers: our keynote speaker Hon. Yolanda C. Granda of the Philippines’Professional Regulations Commission Board for Librarians, Ayala Museum Head Ma.Elizabeth L. Gustilo for the Welcome remarks, Cecil Ayson, Lea de los Reyes,Fernan R. Dizon, Aprilyn T. Gallana, Alexander Lunar, Erwina T. Menesis, EdgardoB. Quiros and Robert ‘Bob’ Reyes. To our foreign attendees: 6 from Malaysia, 2from France, 2 from Spain, 2 from Pakistan, 1 from U.S.A., 2 from Australia, 1from Turkey, thank you for braving going to the Philippines despite of negativenews that you heard, which is actually thousand miles away from Makati City. Toour local participants (the numbers I will update once I get it from our thosein charge with registration), to our souvenir program sponsors, our toursponsor – the Department of Tourism and Intramuros Administration, UP SLISstudent volunteers for helping in the documentation and registration. To Paul,Gaetan and Mengu for helping in the hackfest. And to numerous people that Imight forgot to mention. Maraming maraming salamat!The Conference was actually streamed live over Youtube and ASLP Facebookpage. An edited and collated version of it will be uploaded in archive.org inthe following weeks. There is an e-souvenir program available in issuu, willupdate the link once it’s okay. Presentations in PDF format are available at https://aslpwiki.wikispaces.com/Forums%2C+Seminars%2C+Conferences+and+Other+Activities.I will try to create a blog post for the presentations to be posted at http://kohacon2017philippines.com/.

We’re looking forward for KohaCon2018. God willing, we will try toattend, but for sure we will save for KohaCon2020 in New Zealand.

Mabuhay at maraming salamat from the Philippines!

Eugene Jose T. Espinoza

Manuel S. Tamayao

Jerwyn G. Fernandez

Raul V. Migriño, Jr.