[Koha] How to remove unwanted characters when importing MARC data?

BWS Johnson abesottedphoenix at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 22 08:36:21 NZST 2017

Salvete!

Not yet. As I wrote it should be an easy way (which can be handled by an
unsuspecting librarian several times a year). We hoped there is an
easier way than install even more software and learn how to use it.
After all it's just deleting two characters. But well, I know... "just"
and "only" are not valid when dealing with software... sigh.

As I wrote to Jane Cothron who also suggested MarcEdit: "It's good to
know MarcEdit could do it, so I probably will try to persuade the
responsible librarian to install and learn MarcEdit (unfortunately this
is not a one-off task but the library acquires such data several times a
year)."

    MarcEdit is a fundamental tool for cataloguing, arguably a must have for almost any ILS. If you're nervous at all, it's free in terms of price. It's also so easy, an ijiot like meself has very little trouble using it. When you get good with it, it can be positively magical.

Cheers,
Brooke