[Koha] How to remove unwanted characters when importing MARC data?

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Thu Jun 22 07:38:38 NZST 2017

Hi Marc

> Did you try marcedit?
> http://marcedit.reeset.net/

Not yet. As I wrote it should be an easy way (which can be handled by an
unsuspecting librarian several times a year). We hoped there is an
easier way than install even more software and learn how to use it.
After all it's just deleting two characters. But well, I know... "just"
and "only" are not valid when dealing with software... sigh.

As I wrote to Jane Cothron who also suggested MarcEdit: "It's good to
know MarcEdit could do it, so I probably will try to persuade the
responsible librarian to install and learn MarcEdit (unfortunately this
is not a one-off task but the library acquires such data several times a
year)."

Thanks for the suggestion!

Best wishes: Michael