[Koha] Manually freezing fines

Mr. Ian McNaught ian.mcnaught at majancollege.edu.om
Tue Jun 13 18:02:19 NZST 2017

Hi

At our university, at a certain point in the semester we transfer any
outstanding fines from Koha onto the students account on the student
information system so it blocks their re-registration or collection of
results until paid. At this moment, the books are not returned, so fines
continue to increment on Koha leaving us with two systems with out of sync
fine amounts. Is there a way to manually freeze fines without the book
being returned? I know there's the fine cap value, but that's a fixed
amount - we want to freeze the fine at whatever value it's at on the day we
transfer the fines.

Ian
*Ian McNaught*
*Head of Library & Computing Services*
*Tel: (+968) 24730404*

--

Majan College (University College)
P.O. Box 710, Postal Code 112, Ruwi
 | Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/majan.college> | Twitter
<http://twitter.com/Majan_College>
*Ranked No.2 in Oman Economic Review's survey of Most Trusted Brands 2015
(Higher Education sector)*

delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted,
corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.
Majan College (University College) therefore does not accept liability for
any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a
result of e-mail transmission