[Koha] Koha Check- Error -The item has not been checked in due to a configuration issue in your system.

Admire Mutsikiwa amutsikiwa at uzlib.uz.ac.zw
Mon Jul 31 22:17:39 NZST 2017

Hi

I have upgraded my Koha to version . Now when I check in an item I am
getting the following error:

                The item has not been checked in due to a configuration
issue in your system.   You must ask an administrator to take a look at the
about page <http://uzlibraries.uz.ac.zw:8080/cgi-bin/koha/about.pl#sysinfo>
and search for the "data problems" section.

When I visit the  About page, I am greeted with :

Data problems

Some of your tables have problems with their auto_increment values which may
lead to data loss. You should not ignore this warning. The problem is that
InnoDB does not keep auto_increment across SQL server restarts (it is only
set in memory). So on server startup the auto_increment values are set to
max(table.id)+1.

See the related wiki page
<https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/DBMS_auto_increment_fix>  to know how
to avoid this problem.

Problems found

Checkouts

The following ids exist in both issues and old_issues tables: 2, 3

Warnings regarding the system configuration

However, when I check the schema for old_issues, it has no auto-increment
turn on for issue_id though it is the primary key

I will appreciate any pointers

Kind Regards,

Admire Mutsikiwa (Mr)

ICT Manager

Libraries

University of Zimbabwe

Tel:+263-4-303276

Mob:+263771117777

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the
consequences of dodging our responsibilities."  Josiah Charles Stamp
<http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4867406.Josiah_Charles_Stamp>