[Koha] Z39.50 non-Latin Characters not imported correctly

Jane Chang jane.chang at cwts.edu
Tue Jan 17 09:02:56 NZDT 2017

Hi all!

I'm new to the mailing list.  It's nice to be in the community where we can
get support from each other.

I am having a problem with retrieving non-Latin Marc records from Z39.50.
I had no problem with it before upgrading to KOHA 3.18.  After upgrading to
3.18, non-Latin characters were shown in squares and boxes when retreiving
Marc records from Z39.50.  I thought it was just a bug or something in that
KOHA version.  However, recently we've upgraded to 16.05.07, and this
problem still exists.  Does anyone know what might have gone wrong during
the upgrade process? Is there a way to solve this?

Thanks!

Jane Chang
Christian Witness Theological Seminary
1975 Concourse Dr.