[Koha] Please help this newbie :)

Katrin Fischer katrin.fischer.83 at web.de
Tue Dec 5 09:20:51 NZDT 2017

Hi Johan,

with the default configuration Koha won't search for records with
non-latin characters correctly, but this can be fixed - you will have to
switch to ICU for indexing. Instructions can be found on the wiki:

https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/ICU_chains_configuration

If it doesn't work at all, even for your German and English records,
there might be another problem. Did you specify UNIMARC when creating
the instance (defaults to MARC21)? Or only in the web installer? If the
first was missed, your indexing configuration won't match your data
which could also explain problems.

Hope this helps,

Katrin