[Koha] Regarding updating Patron messaging preferences

Liz Rea liz at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Nov 24 11:58:32 NZDT 2016

Hi,

There is a script to do this in the Koha package, in
misc/maintenance/borrowers-force-messaging-defaults

To use it, you would set your borrower categories up the way you want in
terms of messaging, and this script will update all borrowers based on
their category default.

Bear in mind, if you have had the enhanced messaging preferences on
previously, and borrowers have updated their own settings, using this
tool will wipe out their settings and replace them with the new default.
This could make users angry.

I hope this helps,

Liz Rea

CatalystIT

On 24/11/16 00:48, Sahadeo Taware wrote:
> We are using koha software for our library (version 16.05.05.000) on ubuntu
> server
>
> Presently we are sending email alert for overdue, checkin, checkout, predue
> and due
> But now we want to send email alert only for overdue and predue and not for
> checkin and checkout
>
> How can I update the all patron messaging preferences in a single query

Liz Rea
Catalyst.Net Limited
Level 6, Catalyst House,
150 Willis Street, Wellington.
P.O Box 11053, Manners Street,
Wellington 6142

GPG: B149 A443 6B01 7386 C2C7 F481 B6c2 A49D 3726 38B7