[Koha] Change in behavior after upgrade

Doug Dearden dearden at sarsf.org
Tue Nov 15 06:17:23 NZDT 2016

I figured this out, just want to post in case anyone runs into this in the future and has the same problem.  The Apache directive controlling this is the Multiviews Option being declared on the Apache root directory, like this:
        <Directory /var/www/>
                Options Indexes FollowSymlinks  Multiviews
                AllowOverride None
                Order allow,deny
                allow from all
        </Directory>
From the Apache web site:
"A Multiviews search is enabled by the Multiviews Options. If the server receives a request for /some/dir/foo and /some/dir/foo does not exist, then the server reads the directory looking for all files named foo.*, and effectively fakes up a type map which names all those files, assigning them the same media types and content-encodings it would have if the client had asked for one of them by name. It then chooses the best match to the client's requirements, and returns that document."

Doug