[Koha] SQL - Query Help - Shelving Location

satishamv lis4satish at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 00:19:00 NZDT 2016

Hi,
My Koha (3.16) has been installed from packages method on ubuntu 12.4 LTS
Desktop.

I have to set huge number of items (various barcode) among many Records into
Shelving location called = Reference Section.

I mean, I have pick specified barcode (item) from each record to a shelving
location called "Reference section".  Previously, While entering
bibliographic details, I did not set specific barcode(item) into location
=referece section, and now the items are idenfied, which can be put in
reference as per the library requirements, and now doing manually one by one
will consume huge time, therefore, I request,

Using SQL
how to set following two conditions for the specific barcode (item) having
barcode numbers from "1, 2, 3..to 100" set to:

1) 7- Not for Loan to  "Not for Loan" (Previously this field is empty)
2) c-Shelving Location to " Reference section" (Previously this field was
set to shelving location called "General Stock"

Can koha community, please help me to save my time for doing this job using
"sql" ??

thank you in advance,
Satish MV
Librarian