[Koha] Problem with migrating barcodes

Bob Birchall bob at calyx.net.au
Sun Mar 6 23:19:37 NZDT 2016

Hi Clint,
It may be that the Karant software performs a transformation on what is
stored in the DB to arrive at the barcode number attached to the
physical item.

As Fauzi attests, Softlink's Alice has a particular nasty whereby the
physical barcode contains a capitalized alpha character that is not
stored in the db.  The algorithm for discovering the character involves
a mod 11 calculation and then the use of a look-up table.

Why anyone would do that, you'd have to ask them.  I am not familiar
with Karant so have no idea whether or not this is what is going on for you.

Hope it helps anyway,
Bob Birchall
Calyx