[Koha] Need help to open a staff patron

Mahmudul Hasan mahmudul.most at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 16:14:32 NZST 2016

Dear All

I am new here. So, I have read the manual and seen nothing to solve
this problem. According to manuual whenever i am going to add a new
patron. It can not.

At the first time when i was logged in following warning message shows
and that is

"You are logged in as the database administrative user. This is not
recommended because some parts of Koha will not function as expected
when using this account.

Please log in instead with a regular staff account. To create a staff
account, create a library, a patron category 'Staff' and add a new
patron. Then give this patron permissions from 'More' in the toolbar."

According to the message i went to the top of the site to set library
from there i chose the canterville. After that i clicked on create
patron>new patron and from drop down menu choose staff. There a
message came that is "can not add patron. please add a patron
category." So i clicked on the patron category. There i add a new
patron category named College Staff. Again i continued but again this
message comes. At last i went to tools>patron list> new patron> create
a new patron list> Give name "Staff">save and following message comes.

Software error:

Can't call method "patron_list_id" on an undefined value at
/usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/patron_lists/add-modify.pl line 55.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([no address given]),
giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

How can i fix it? I have no idea. Please help me. Even i can not open
the list. There also show same type message.

By the way I have installed on the following

Koha version-16.05.00.000
server platform- ubuntu 16.04 LTS amd64
method of installation-marc21

Thanks in advance.