[Koha] Inventory

Coehoorn, Joel jcoehoorn at york.edu
Wed Jun 8 01:55:34 NZST 2016

We recently acquired a new portable barcode scanner, and want to start
using the file matching feature in koha for inventory. In looking at this,
I have two questions.

First, we are able to create the barcode files. However, when doing the
compare, the results we're seeing are not helpful. With a test file of 53
barcodes, we had six pages of results telling us about items that simply
updated the last seen date.

Other items in the set would show up *twice*, because they had previously
been marked missing. We'd see a result reporting the item missing, and a
second result saying it should have been scanned. This is not helpful. We
already know these items are missing, and so including them here makes it
much more difficult to work the results. On the selection criteria page I
can see a way to filter down to missing items, but there is no way to
EXCLUDE missing or lost items. Normal (items.itemlost status <= 0) is not
an option in that section.

This feature would be WAY more useful if we could see results at the end
for only those items that are different. We want a view that only shows
newly missing items or items shelved in the wrong place, so we can work the
list manually to verify the errors. Is this possible?

Joel Coehoorn
Director of Information Technology
402.363.5603
*jcoehoorn at york.edu <jcoehoorn at york.edu>*

The mission of York College is to transform lives through
Christ-centered education and to equip students for lifelong service to
God, family, and society