[Koha] Remote Authentication

Coehoorn, Joel jcoehoorn at york.edu
Fri Jan 15 03:45:53 NZDT 2016

We also have both EBSCO and JSTOR, as well as others like Academic Search
Premier. We also have a static IP address for our internet connection, and
those services (and others like them) will typically white-list a static IP
address, such that they don't require authentication for traffic that
originates from your library. We use a software package called EZproxy (
 https://www.oclc.org/ezproxy.en.html <https://www.oclc.org/ezproxy.en.html>
) to allow patrons to tunnel traffic through our campus, so that they can
access these resources. If you don't have a static IP address of your own,
you can get the EZproxy Hosted and service connect through an OCLC IP
address.

EZproxy will prompt users for authentication. In our case, both EZproxy and
Koha connect back to an Active Directory system for user authentication.
I'm not sure what it would take to connect EZproxy directly to Koha, if
that's even possible, or if it is what it would take to make that happen
for a hosted EZproxy system to talk to your local site.

Joel Coehoorn
Director of Information Technology
402.363.5603
*jcoehoorn at york.edu <jcoehoorn at york.edu>*

The mission of York College is to transform lives through
Christ-centered education and to equip students for lifelong service to
God, family, and society

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 6:09 AM, SAIACS, Chief Librarian <library at saiacs.org