[Koha] Number of Koha Libraries in the Word

BWS Johnson abesottedphoenix at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 14 15:13:56 NZDT 2016

Salvete!

    I'm all for adding a column to the wiki for coordinates. Our wiki is so olde this was probably not a widely available feature when the Users pages were constructed. Surely the addition of the column itself would be trivial. I know it's not pretty. I've tried upping its game here and there, but without pay it's a mammoth undertaking and has to wait until I'm quite bored or someone asks me something specific.

    Hea is valuable even if it is just getting started and it seems like reinventing the wheel. I really hate giving OCLC a permanent monopoly on useful library related data.

    Marshall can speak for himself on this, but can anyone state a reason as to why the two projects could not share their data? We could then regularly and intentionally harvest data from his survey and populate it in our tables as we see fit. He'd be free to come and grab ours if he thinks it would help him. While there is a lot of overlap between the two sets, I do not believe they are identical.

    As to whether maps are a waste of time, I have to shoot that opinion down. This has persistently been one of the most frequently asked questions I've got over the years. People want to be able to ask their neighbours questions as well as get some reassurance that many Libraries run Koha.

Cheers,
Brooke