[Koha] MySQL database server, dedicated vs virtual

Jonathan Druart jonathan.druart at bugs.koha-community.org
Tue Dec 6 06:18:44 NZDT 2016

Paul,

Hum sounds like I already answered you the same things a few months ago...

Well, you are still comparing 3.8 with 3.18, last release is 16.11, with
plack and memcached support.
What you missed (living in the past):
Bug 15342 - Performance 3.22 - Omnibus
Bug 7172 - Omnibus for Plack variable scoping problems
Bug 11998 - Syspref caching issues (and all other cache improvements)
And all related.

I will not list all the security issues we fixed during the last 4 years...

For the respect of all the developers and testers working on Koha, I would
appreciate if you could repeat your benchmarks with the stable and
maintained releases (ie. with plack and memcached).
If you find performance issues, I will be happy to find the bottlenecks and
improve them.

But please stop repeating endlessly that 3.18 is slower than 3.8. It does
not bring anything to the discussion.

On a side note, we lack testers. Patches are in the queue to support new
versions of MySQL (out of the box, because you can still use MariaDB or
tweak the MySQL config to make it works).