[Koha] Publisher as authority

Adam Goforth definingcode at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 07:24:25 NZST 2016

Hi All,

I'm new to the Koha community, so first a brief introduction: I'm the
IT administrator at the International English Library in Düsseldorf,
Germany. We migrated to Koha a couple of weeks ago and we're quite
happy with all the improvements over our previous ILS.

There is one thing we're having trouble figuring out: cataloging the
publisher name and location as an authority value. We've tried using
the Corporate Name authority, but it didn't work because the subfields
don't match between MARC fields 260 and 110. I also found the "Create
new authority type" page on the wiki, but I'd prefer not to maintain a
patch set I would need to apply after each Koha upgrade, so that
method isn't really optimal.

It seems like this would be a fairly common use case, so I wonder if
I'm just missing something basic. How do most libraries catalog
publisher information?

Adam